This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Friday, March 17, 2017

CultureJam NoMoJo Fuzz

This was a originally an SMD 2-in-1 board CultureJam put out. On one side was a Fuzz Face and the other this Tone Bender. So I figured they'd be good Fuzz Friday layouts. They're not on the same board, but either one should fit in a 1590A.



5 comments:

  1. I built both of these on perf board and they really rip. I could not find any sound clips of these exact circuits, but the ones I built sounds reasonably facey and tonebendery. I am not sure what voltages to set with the trims, but they sound good in a bunch of spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I had a question about trim pots, and pots in general. I almost always have them turned all the way up, so how do I get rid of them? Would I put a regular resistor in their place, what do I do with the third lead? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've got the PCB for this but I had a hard drive failure and can't find the build document. Would you by any chance have a copy? I know this is a bit 'out of nowhere' but I've been digging for a couple of hours now and just hitting dead ends, so throwing a Hail Mary here. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Build doc is on the Madbean forum here:

      https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=24495.msg238911#msg238911

      Delete
  4. Built the face today. It's probably one of the best FF's I've ever built, not that I've built TOO many. I bias mine so the fuzz is more smooth rather than gated, and rolling off the guitar volume makes it nice and sparkly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete